1.2. Structure of This Book¶
This book is meant to be self-directed to teach you how to use Actimator. It does not assume any prior knowledge in programming or game development. As you go through the book and tutorials, you will gain skills that you need to create fairly sophisticated games.
The rest of this book consists of the following chapters:
- Getting Started: learn how to make your first project.
- Actimator’s Game Design Elements: get yourself familiar with Actimator user interface, tools, and features.
- Tutorials: include steps for creating simple yet complete games.
- Actimator Programming Language: details of Actimator’s programming language, it’s game engine, and physics programming.
- Advanced Programming Topics: contains advanced topics and knowledge that are not required when you first start using Actimator.
- Publish Your Game: walks you through publishing your game on the Web and mobile platforms.