1. What is Actimator?¶
Actimator is a Web-based, collaborative, visual game development software for making and publishing 2D games. The primary focus of Actimator is being educational — easy to learn, in particular for those with no coding skills — without compromising the quality of games that can be built.
Using Actimator’s visual environment, you can:
- Practice video game design and programming skills.
- Create a computer game with your friends.
- Code together and learn coding from each other.
- Add physics such as gravity, density, and forces to your game.
- Publish your game on the Actimator Website and share it with your social network.
- Playtest your game on iPhone, iPad, and Android devices, using Actimator Player app.
- Export your game for iOS App Store and Google Play Store.
In This Chapter